Are people toys?
Had an exciting last couple of days when all has been said and done, though missing suitable amounts of certain people - but that's my fault and not their's for the most part.
Friday was a typical day at the office. This involved getting up, going to work and then being side-tracked into a three hour meeting about how meetings should only be an hour long and not involve operational matters. Or something like that.
Then it was off to sunny Woodstock to
Friday night was partly influenced by red wine, and involved nyarbaggytep shaving my chest (bushous-pah!) and painting all over it. This was a pleasant exprerience, but the overall memory slightly tarnished by the hour I spent scrubbing the bath to get rid of the blue stains after I'd (unenthusiastically) washed it off. Images are not for the fainthearted - links below.
Saturday was packed with excitement - to a re-enactment market in the morning (not really very good, and most likely founded in politcis - hobbies doncha just love them); then lunch in Birmingham and an impromptu trip to Ilam Hall (National Trust - pah) with pax_draconis and the current four-wheeled love of his life. Rushed back to Birmingham to collect an ebay purchase from grendelchild and to fail to avoid spending money in Waylands Forge. Ooops.
Then, suitably attired off to Nottingham for The Wake with boglin and lupercal. There we met a lovely bunch of people, all crowded into a club approximately the size of a broadsheet newspaper. Bullet point summary of the night goes something like:
- Answer your bloody phone jimfer
- Look - I've found a spade - let me dig myself in a hole
- No, I'm not ignoring you, I'm just in practice not to think about you like that
- Hmm, do I really come across like that. Hmm.
- No, you're clearly not excited, you do not have any kind of erection
- No _gh0st_ I'm not really terribly excited by you pawing my back in a drunken fashion
- This is a conversation I don't feel safe having. Eject! Eject! Oh no, it's jammed! Aaaaaaaaaaaarrrrghhhhhh
- Oh dear, I seem to be sober. I can remember all the things I've said and thought this evening. I think I'd better find a hole to crawl into
- Go berrega! Oh, she only wanted you for your coat. *hug*.
- Reminding people constantly that you are passive smoking does not stop them
I seem to be slightly hungover/dehydrated. Bother.