Job has but a few working days to go. This is good, and I am getting lazy. I just hope my new laptop arrives on time or I'll have no shiny new IT for a couple of days which is bound to make Simon a dull boy. I'm still in the middle of "Dull Data Entry"TM which encourages me to take things easy in so many ways...
Maelstom was kinda fun. As with most first events at the time it fluctuated between cold and miserable. However, I enjoyed my jigsaw (car-parking) until I was told actually we weren't as tight on space as I'd thought, so the appalling job (done in the dark so totally understandable) I was presented with needn't have been "filled in" in the way I did; and I enjoyed running the one-way system at the end of the event. Clearly I was born to be a traffic policeman.
I think the Maelshot event went quite well. A couple of problems I feared weren't as bad as I thought; and working with harryh was a good experience. Now, for the Maelstromega org chart and completing the first draft of "7 habits of highly effective LARPers". Met a number of lovely people (briefly) and the usual small number of tw*ts - net gain though. I'm slightly intimidated by the number of photos I have to process. I suspect that from 500 non-mugshots I have there will be a good dozen or so that are any good. However, having trawled already a number of "differing quality" photo-sets from the event I think it's better to wait, pick out the good ones and only put them up. Was that diplomatic enough?
Last night was Intrusion. Much fun on the whole. lupercal and I did the first hour which was jolly nice. Set-list, as far as I can remember and showing just how short our set was, below:
- KMFDM - Doglike/Godlike
- 1000 Homo DJs - Supernaut
- Ooomph! - Augen Auf
- Rammstein - Du Hast
- VNV Nation - Fearless
- SBA - Deliriously
I admit that on a couple of occasions I used the dancefloor to burn off excess energy so perhaps did flail about a bit, but still I would like to complain about four types of behaviour:
- Using the dancefloor as a route to seats - No! There is proper access!
- Standing in the middle of the dancefloor snogging - I don't care if you're both underage girlies, but still - take it away. No prizes here for "Oooh! Look mum! I'm a lesbian!".
- Running up to me when I'm dancing and shouting "Cor! Neubauten!" and pointing at my t-shirt. Very clever. Clearly you'll go up in my estimation and I'll be dead impressed at your Mensch-recognition skills. Next time back to "Australia", "Costa Rica" or "Fruit of the Loom".
- Slow dancing to NIN waving a cigarette in my face. I don't care how short the fag but was it was burning. Thus when you pressed it against my elbow it burnt me. Just f*** off - like I told you.
Hmm, 10am - more crap TV or go into the office...