In other news I've just returned from London after two action packed days of dull meetings. A number of things of note did occur:
- I ate a bit of fish. This was not deliberate and I can only assume that in God's Conference Centre (where I was) fish is considered vegetarian.
- I watched Equilibrium. This was at the same time better and worse than I expected. Some of the action was fun, but the acting pretty crap. Sean Pertwee is still kinda-cute and Hayden Christensen trying to have emotion appears to have less than Christian Bale trying not to. Gun-kata ++.
- I went to a poshish restaurant where they said "As we don't have a vegetarian option on the menu you pre-selected please choose one from the normal menu"; and there was actually only one choice. Clearly they have the same opinion on fish...
- I went to Liberty Bounds. This was in many ways a bad idea, but I did avoid venting my irritation on people, and only two people asked me if I was going to the Gathering, and one of those was after I'd complained about having being asked. Was nice to see nortysarah, nattydreadi and blue_room (assuming Mark is the only one left using it...). I was clearly not enthusiastic enough for the others there.
- Today my new work phone arrived. It's very fat, and has a nice screen/camera combo. I missed my camera, but have done really well in not buying a £720 ebay auction in the last two days. I did catch myself looking wistfully in travel agent's windows and planning a shopping trip to New York though.
And so, to cheer myself up, I'm considering, in lieu of not-being-arsed to go to B-Movie, going to Absolution tomorrow night. Any takers from the "we-also-can't-be-arsed-to-support-lupercal" brummies?
Mmm, food now.