Yesterday was quondam's party. Read her friends list for more information. I stayed sober and was in a bit of a funny mood - probably the warm weather...
Today was Homebase, a gentle run up and down some hills, Troy and Curry.
Troy was quite amusing in its own way. It taught me a number of things I missed from the Iliad (spoliers - as if you care about the story):
- Cousin is a euphemism for fuckbuddy
- Before togas there were crop-tops and kilts
- There were no nice people in ancient times, just a population of anti-heroes
- Orlando Bloom does better than I've seen him before, but is a long way off being a credible actor
- If you want your name to be remembered then either hop around a lot driving weapons into peoples' shoulders, or have a big club and have cleaning products named after you
- Agamemnon didn't infact star in the Orestia, he was stabbed by A WOMAN during the fall of Troy
- Ithica is somewhere near Sheffield
Final verdict - amusing, diverting, and entirely different to the Sword & Sandals epics of the last generation - where good was good (and hated gun control) and bad was bad (and normally Roman).