I've just returned from a distracting couple of hours watching what can best be described as a foreign language music video - and no gentle reader I wasn't just watching a look of my favourite tATu mpeg (the best quality video I have has a Russian soundtrack).
Instead I lost myself in "8Mile" - a certain Mr Eminem's latest video - I mean of course motion picture. Now, I'm not a great fan of gun-toting, homophobic rappers, but that of course isn't a problem - as the film was very clearly "pro gay" and "anti gun", so he must have changed his politics. And lets just put aside the rap bit for a second.
I really didn't want to like Eminem, but the odd track has grown on me, probably thanks to Kerrang TV, so I went with a bit of an open mind - and I have learnt valuable lessons:
- Don't stuff a loaded gun down your pants
- Bingo can pay
- Do your own thing
- Blonde hair and heavily made-up eyes might look nice, but there will only be trouble
- Vicious kickings leave only one small cut and a bit of eyeshadow "Not the face!"
- Vests are cool again
- Wear a beanie hat under your hoodie
- If you're bored - start a spontaneous rapping competition to help pass the time
- Be good at work and you'll be ok.
- Be nice to the token gay black and he'll cover for you while you sneak off to win the rapping battle.
Why foreign language though I hear you say? Well it would really have benefited from subtitles...
So there we go - evening well spent. Who knows what tomorrow will bring, but I will watch the lovely Dune DVD which I had for Christmas at some point.